COSMOS: Causal Consistency on the Network Edge
This project aims at designing, implementing, and evaluating Cosmos, a
storage system to support edge-computing. Systems such as Cosmos are
of extremely practical relevance today. As the number of devices
connected to the internet grows, it becomes unfeasible to store and
process all data in a few (centralised) datacenters, without the
support of the computing power that lies at the edge of the
network. In fact, it is estimated that as early as 2018, 40% of the
data created by IoT devices will need to be processed in the edge. The
design of Cosmos is based on most recent technological advances in the
areas of consistency management, overlay management, and dependability
assurance, to build a storage system that can operate efficiently and
reliably in the resource constrained and unstable edge devices. Cosmos
will be made available to the community as an open source project.
- Miguel Nuno Dias Alves Pupo Correia (CO-PI)
- Rodrigo Seromenho Miragaia Rodrigues
- Paolo Romano
- Miguel Ângelo Marques de Matos
- Nuno Miguel Carvalho Santos
- Nuno Manuel Ribeiro Preguiça
- João Carlos Antunes Leitão
- Carla Maria Gonçalves Ferreira
- Angel Manuel Bravo Gestoso
- Nuno Cerqueira Afonso
- Cláudio José Pereira Correia
- Taras Lykhenko
- Válter Emanuel Trecitano da Costa Santos
- Frederico Miguel Reis Sabino Nuno Cerqueira Afonso
- Mechanisms for Providing Causal Consistency on Edge Computing
- MSc Thesis. Instituto Superior Técnico, Universidade de Lisboa.
- October, 2018.
National Conference Proceedings
Armazenamento de Dados com Coerência Causal na Periferia da Rede.
- N. Afonso, M. Bravo, and L. Rodrigues
- Actas do nono Simpósio de Informática (Inforum), Coimbra, Portugal, Sep. 2018.